Social media is a powerful tool for real estate professionals. These tools allow you to tap into these already created networks and forge deeper personalized relationships. Also it doesn’t take an expert to be really great at social media, and it’s fun! Here are some ways that you can use social media to build and enhance your business:
1. Drive awareness| You have product awareness (listings), brand awareness, service awareness, and awareness as you as a person. Social media allows you to scale your awareness efforts. But remember, your social media should be a nice mix of all of these. It shouldn’t be a billboard to blast your marketing messaging (so no more Tweets of nothing but listings!). Imagine a lasagna that has nothing but sauce, a tiny little bit of ground beef, one noodle, and a spoonful of ricotta cheese, not very tasty. Your social media messaging mix should be like a lasagna, the perfect combo of all the ingredients.
2. Utilize brand ambassadors | Word of mouth is a powerful thing, it drives purchasing decisions across the board. Social media allows you to turn your customers into brand ambassadors. For example a happy customer posts as their Facebook status “Agent [insert your name here] just found me my dream home! Can’t wait to move!” Now you have suddenly tapped into their network, and their network’s network.
3. Lead gen. | Social media is all about people sharing their passions, their likes, their interests. It is communities of folks talking with people they know IRL (in real life) and people they are just meeting for the first time. If you participate in these conversations you can build the friendships and generate new leads. Real estate professionals have been doing this for years, turning personal relationships into business partners, this is why social media is such a great place for you! One example of hundreds I could give you of how to do this. Create a Facebook page, search for every single person you have ever known, look up people from elementary school, middle school, high school, college, friend them and let them know what you do and how you can help.
4. Customer retention and loyalty | Buying a house isn’t like buying toilet paper, it’s not something we do on a regular basis, so staying top of mind without being intrusive, annoying or ignored is tough. Social media gives you the ability to weave yourself into your customers personal lives, deepening the connection, so when they are ready (or someone they know is ready) to buy or sell a home, they will think of you.
5. Network | There are a lot of really great conversations going on out there around the industry, best practices, fumbles. Use social media to tap into these conversations, make friends in the industry. You can collaborate, learn, share, keep on top of emerging technology and do business better.
6. Establish thought leadership | Social media gives you a platform to showcase what you know and establish thought leadership. A great way to do this is through blogging. So check out ActiveRain, get a WordPress blog, get your thoughts out there and let people know how smart you are!
7. Provide great customer support | Social media allows you to respond to customers with transparency. This is great because you have a happy customer and your potential customer base gets to see how responsive you are.
8. Listen and Learn | By listening to the internet you can hear what customers needs and pain points are, tailor your messaging (both offline and on) to what you hear. It also allows you to keep on top of the changes in the industry and market. So set up RSS feeds, Google Alerts, SocialMention alerts and start listening, most of the answers to any questions you may have are out there.
What great experiences have you had using social media that you want to share? What was the biggest mistake you made on social media?
To schedule Marie to speak at your event on harnessing the power of social media email: email@example.com