Prior to joining MRIS I was a full time real estate agent in Maryland. I must admit, in the hectic life that is real estate, I didn’t discover everything there was to know about MRIS. Sure I logged in to Matrix almost daily, had automatic searches set up for my buyers, and utilized Keystone for my listings. But now that I have an inside perspective I realize how much I missed.
So today I would like to bring your attention to some things you may not be aware of and encourage you to take action in order to help your business.
- MRIS direction is driven by YOU and our Realtor Shareholders Organizations: Did you know that your local board of Realtors are shareholders of MRIS? This is important because your needs are represented heavily by these organizations who have a say (vote) in the direction of our company. My recommendation is to get involved with your local board. At the very least, please send us your suggestions directly. Last year we implemented over 80% of your top wish list items, and the other 20% is currently in development. We survey our customers regularly and your opinion does count!
- Agent Productivity and Success is at the foundation of everything we do: You may be surprised to know how many meetings are held where YOUR NAME and YOUR BUSINESS is brought up. Daily I hear conversations that start with “Our Subscribers want…” or “Our Agents Need…” As a real estate agent coming to MRIS I am overjoyed to witness this culture. Over the coming months you will see enhancements to Keystone designed to make you more productive and successful. We also have some exciting additions like a coordinated property showing system that works with your method of scheduling and an embedded marketing platform for your listings. What’s important here is that we are constantly reinvesting in our core products without increasing your costs.
- MRIS offers some amazing products and features that will set you apart from your competition: This topic could be its own blog post but for now let me point out just a few. The first that comes to mind is our market statistics company Real Estate Business Intelligence (RBI). It’s important to be a market expert, and the reports you can generate can be used for your buyer consultations, your listing presentations, and in your marketing and lead generating efforts. Next, I highly recommend you take a look at our XactSite suite of products. To stay competitive you need an IDX solution that satisfies today’s tech savvy consumers. This should include dynamic map searching, community information, and smartphone and tablet compatibility. I would ask, does your website provide that now?
- It’s easy to stay in the know: So I admitted earlier that I wasn’t in tune with everything MRIS was doing when I was a full time agent. Let me make some suggestions so this doesn’t happen to you. If you are reading this blog post you are already one step ahead. Make sure you subscribe via email to get future posts. Don’t forget MRIS-U where you can find classroom training, live webinars, our student guides, and pre-recorded video tutorials. We have a Facebook Page too, and our help desk is staffed with knowledgeable representatives always willing to help.
Lastly, the most important thing this agent has learned since joining MRIS is that we value a personal connection with our customers and feel that the better we know you, the better our products and services will match your needs. My team makes it easy to request an office visit on our website and we welcome the opportunity to speak at your next meeting. Last year we attended over 800 events including office visits, broker events, association events, and industry tradeshows. Make sure we visit your office in 2012 for updates and a chance to hear directly from you.