Buzz Aldrin, Astronaut
Virtually everything we humans do involves a relationship with a significant other, family member, friend, co-worker, customer, vendor and fellow human beings we encounter in everyday life.
As I blogged recently, I am resolved to work more face-to-face in 2012. While these guidelines provided below by Drs. Ron and Mary Hulnick in the Huffington Post are more geared towards personal relationships, I thought many of these “keys” also apply to business relationships. I plan to pay close attention to the 8 Keys in the coming year. I hope you all enjoy reading the article and benefit from it in the months and years ahead.
Best Wishes to everyone for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2012!
1. Seek to become a really good heart-centered listener.
2. Share gratitude and heartfelt appreciation.
3. Small kindnesses reap large dividends.
4. Keep your agreements.
5. Take responsibility for your own upset.
6. Celebrate your own and each other’s successes.
7. Resist the urge to complain about your partner with your friends or family.
8. Develop and maintain supportive and mutually agreed upon ground rules and guidelines.
image credit: Keith Haring