Named after former MRIS Chairman of the Board, Adam D. Cockey, Jr., this inaugural award recognizes real estate professionals who have demonstrated an unsurpassed commitment to community service and activism.
The Adam D. Cockey, Jr. Community Leadership Award was launched in honor of Adam Cockey’s dedication to the real estate industry and for his outstanding philanthropic efforts. After dedicating over 40 years to local, regional and national organizations, Adam serves as a positive role model for real estate professionals throughout MRIS’s geographic footprint and beyond.
In addition to serving on the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the Maryland Association of REALTORS® (MAR), and the Greater Baltimore Board of REALTORS® (GBBR), Adam served as the MRIS Chairman of the Board from 2001-2008.
Adam has had involvement with numerous civic and community activities, including the Baltimore Symphony Foundation, the League for the Disabled, and the Greater Baltimore Medical Center.
The Adam D. Cockey, Jr. Community Leadership Award recipient will portray leadership, humanitarianism, courage, enthusiasm, and dedication to the community. Nominations are open to MRIS customers until July 31, 2012. This year’s winner will be announced in August. The winning recipient will receive a $3,000 donation to the charity of his or her choice in addition to $2,000.
- Leadership: Ability to motivate and inspire others to accomplish a specific goal or objective. This involves en element of risk in order to benefit others.
- Humanitarian: Demonstrates generosity, concern, and helpfulness toward those in need in their community and improves their well-being or situation.
- Courage: The strength to act in accordance with your own values and the greater good despite pressures pushing you in other directions. The ability to put the cause before the desire to be popular.
- Enthusiasm: A lively interest in the people, issues and events around you, a feeling of excitement about the possibilities, and the energy to guide them towards fruition.
- Dedication: Demonstrates dedication to achieving the desired results. Accomplishes much within the community by his or her pursuit, courage, enthusiasm, and zeal.