The Compliance Committee is expanding and YOU could help the Compliance Committee meet the challenges of a changing real estate environment! Let your voice be heard, and share your opinion! With increasing demands on the current Compliance Committee, we have created two new auxiliary groups to help provide opportunities for additional participation.
Beginning 2011, the two new groups under the Compliance Committee will be the Sanction Review Group and the Policy Group. Interested in reviewing and administering appeals of sanctions and related processes? Then the Sanction Reaction Review Group is your best bet! Think you would be better proposing changes to the MRIS Rules and Regulations and making recommendations to the full Compliance Committee for consideration? Then the Policy Group welcomes you!
Participation in these groups may lead to an appointment to the Compliance Committee. If you are interested and meet the below qualifications, please the name of the auxiliary group and your curriculum vitae to Michelle Yam, Compliance Department Manager at Michelle.Yam@mris.net by December 31, 2010.
QUALIFICATIONS for inclusion in the auxiliary groups include:
- Recommendation by their local associations, MRIS staff or real estate industry leaders.
- Actively engaged in the real estate industry,
- Reasonable familiarity with the National Association of REALTORS Policy and Procedures and the Code of Ethics, as well as at least a working knowledge of the requirements of local laws applicable to the practice of real estate,
- Experience in real estate arbitration, mediation and dispute resolution,
- Leadership experience related to the practice of real estate will be preferred over those who do not,
- Additional criteria may be established by the Compliance Committee and/or the MRIS Board of Directors from time to time.