If you are already a Dragon (born in 1940,1952,1964, 1976 or 1988), get ready for a year filled with even more good fortune.
Being aligned with cosmic forces is important in Chinese culture. The year of the dragon is supposed to be particularly fortunate for babies, marriages and businesses.
Not sure where to start to set yourself up for a good year? Debra Duneier, Author of EcoChi, offers these simple tips to help enjoy a healthy, happy and prosperous year. (For original article, click here)
1. Clean, de-clutter and beautify your home. This changes the energy and prepares the space to celebrate the wonderful things that are about to come into your life.
2. The cleansing properties of sea salt are used to renew the chi of spaces. To cleanse one’s home of old energies and create room for fresh energy follow these easy steps:
- In a small bowl place 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- Add 2 cups of warm water
- Moisten a cotton cloth or dish towel with the solution
- Wipe down the front door and all of the doorknobs in your home
3. Pay down an overdue bill. Even if it can’t be paid off entirely, the intention is to begin to pay off some debt so it makes room for money to come in this year.
4. Instead of focusing on not eating to lose weight, have a healthful snack before going out to dinner. It helps to keep energy levels up and keeps stops impulse gorging on bread and butter at the restaurant.
5. Update lighting to include earth-friendly compact florescent light bulbs or LEDs. Just changing the six incandescent bulbs used most often could save over $100 a year on your energy bills.
6. Wear red to bring in the Year of the Dragon which is celebrated for 10 days. If red is not part of your wardrobe, fresh flowers or decorative pillows in this auspicious color is sure to set the atmosphere for the new energy coming in.
7. Make a list of all the things you want to come into your life this year. Light a candle and burn the list just before midnight releasing your wishes so the universe can provide them. If home when the Chinese New Year arrives, open the front door to allow this new energy to enter.
8. Start the Year of the Dragon off right by making a change. Large or small revisions help to welcome in new energy. Consider a new haircut, change the route to work, make a conscious effort to recycle or take ballroom dancing lessons for simple and fun changes.
These tips can be accomplished on any budget. The Dragon energy fills most people with energy, vitality and unbridled enthusiasm. Let go of last year, especially challenges or troubles. Let go of expectations and make room for positive energy flow. Embrace optimistic thoughts, dream, laugh and love. This will attract wonderful things into your life this New Year.