Today you’ll see a new listing status for MRIS subscribers to use. Coming Soon status can be used for listings that are being prepped for showing. Properties that can use Coming Soon status are those properties with a listing agreement and the seller’s permission. Days on Market (DOM) do not accrue while a listing is under the Coming Soon listing status.
Often sellers want to list their property but not have it shown for a few weeks. The Coming Soon status can provide time for the seller to make the final improvements to the property. In this scenario, you could enter the listing information into Keystone with a Coming Soon status.
Once a listing has been submitted to the MLS using the Coming Soon listing status there will be an MLS number and the agent will be able to set up ShowingTime, add documents, virtual tours and marketing materials.
If you’re working with a buyer, searching for listings under the Coming Soon status will give you a heads up about properties that will be Active in the near future (within 21 days). MRIS subscribers will be able to email listing information on Coming Soon status listings to their clients and provide them with information including the Expected On-Market date. To search in Matrix for listings with the status of Coming Soon, simply select Coming Soon from the Status Picklist in Matrix.
Things to keep in mind when using Coming Soon status:
- Include an Expected On-Market date. This date cannot exceed 21 days from the date you submitted your listing to the MLS under the Coming Soon listing status. After 21 days have passed, the listing status will automatically change to Active.
- Properties are not to be shown while under the Coming Soon listing status. ShowingTime details may be added in Keystone while a property is under the Coming Soon listing status, but showing instructions and the ShowingTime link will not be viewable in Matrix until the listing becomes Active.
- If a property is shown, then the status must be changed to Active status.
- A listing that was once under the Coming Soon status cannot revert back to the Coming Soon status. The property must be off market for 90+ days before it can be re-listed in Coming Soon status.
- The Compliance Department, with the guidance of the Compliance Committee, will use our auditing tools to monitor compliance with this new status. Just as with any other listing status, MRIS subscribers are able to report violations for Coming Soon listings that are not following the rules using the Report a Violation button in Matrix.
- Listings with Coming Soon status are displayed on Matrix for MRIS subscribers and are not available for display on broker, agent, and public and syndication websites, including MRIShomes.com. This status will not be included in RETS feeds.
Want to learn more about this status? Please join me on Friday, November 21, for a short webinar on the Coming Soon status. Click here to register.
If you can’t make it Friday, please take a look at one or both of the two videos below about how to use the Coming Soon listing status in Keystone and Matrix.