Last night, we made a few updates to the options available within Keystone and Matrix designed to help you describe your property more thoroughly.
Lead Paint Mandatory Field for pre-1978 Listings
Federal Law states that properties for sale or rent built prior to 1978 must indicate that there is a lead paint disclosure or a lead paint remediation. To help you comply with that requirement, we have added 3 new Lead Based Paint Disclosures Picklist items. You can now select from the following:
- Lead Based Paint – Federal – Required disclosure by the seller or landlord to purchaser or lessee of the presence of any known lead-based paint or lead-based paint hazards for residential or multi-family properties built prior to 1978.
- Lead Based Paint – State – An optional document provided by the State Associations which may be signed by the purchaser or lessee acknowledging that they have received information on lead-based paint or the presence of any known lead-based paint or lead-based paint hazards for residential or multi-family properties built prior to 1978.
- Lead Based Paint Certificate Available – The landlord or property owner provides the Lead Inspection Certificate for the property.
If you have a listing that was built prior to 1978 and you do not have a lead based paint disclosure option selected, you will see the following message and will not be able to submit your listing to the MLS until you provide this information:
To find this field, scroll down to the Listing: Contract Info section to find the Disclosures field, or you can use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+I to jump to this field quickly.
New Fields and Picklist Items for Water Section
A few new fields and picklist items have been added to the Water section of Keystone as well. For the existing field label Dock Features and Improvements you now can select from these new items:
- Multi Slip – more than one space on a dock facility at which a property owner may moor a boat.
- Single Slip – one space on a dock facility at which a property owner may moor a boat
Multi Slip is also a new field that allows you to note the following:
- # of Community Docks – a boat docking facility owned or used in common by more than one property owner often through a homeowners or condominium association.
- # of Community Slips – a slip on a community dock facility. A slip is a docking place for a boat.
New Property Management Fields
If you list rentals, you may be interested in these new fields located in the “Property Management” section of Keystone:
- Name of Rental – The marketing name that the property is known as.
- Rental Company – The name of the company who manages the rental property.
- Rental Company Phone Number – The contact telephone number of the company who manages the rental property.